After Carol’s sixth child was born she entered a period of difficult adjustments. In the grand scheme of things she had to move from inheriting a difficult family life towards her mission in life. This was not a ‘Point A’ to ‘Point B’ path she had to follow. Consider these several areas of endeavor that she had to work her way through.
It was a daunting task.
- Her marriage. “I know my marriage is the long dark cape choking me.” While she would try to work things out, it was likely that her husband would continue to weigh her down.
- Her children. Carol’s given mission include bringing more children into the family. They would need to be cared for and supported somehow.
- Her resources. Carol would need to move from being a house-bound mother to having marketable skills to support the family and her own personal path forward.
- Her faith. She was raised as a traditional Catholic. This Catholic tradition had been used by her husband to direct her life. She would need to reposition herself within this ‘field of faith’ so that it became supportive rather than repressive.
- Her ultimate path forward. Along the way she would need to make choices and actually take action to achieve her life’s mission.
One: While raising her inherited family Carol uses her direct awareness of the ‘loving light’ that sent her on this mission to broaden her perspective, become more assertive, to become a more self-directive person. In addition to improving her mental condition, Carol improved her health and strengths. Her energy levels improved. Others noticed the changes in her. The various portions of her life work in better harmony. Meditation produces results. Efforts are made to improve the marriage.
Two: Over the next seven years, four more children are brought into the world. The last one, a daughter, is born on April 6, 1965. This fulfills the agreement made with the light-being who sent her into this life.
Three: Night courses are taken up to facilitate earning income to support the family. Carol’s self-esteem increases. Divorce occurs two years later in 1967, freeing her to focus more on both her family and improving her resources. A fortunate meeting with a ‘metaphysical group’ in her area leads to her being taken under the wing of Ann Manser. Ann introduces her to many new ideas and, over time, awakens within her may spiritual abilities. This is a case of “when the student is ready, a teacher appears.”
Four: Carol’s faith, as a Catholic, has now been expanded greatly. The ‘one life and then you go to heaven’ concept leads her to ‘many lives, many deaths, many opportunities and levels of being more.’ Carol’s level of feelings and empathy has gone from ‘normal-typical’ to ‘intense, deep.’ She is, in actuality, being prepared to enter a ministry of her own. That happens on July 3, 1971.
Five: Carol studies healing practices. Her abilities in this area are shown when she effects a cure for her daughter who has suffered for two years with hepatitis. Her mentor, Ann, encourages her to take up healing in a very serious way as part of her ministry. One milestone in her journey of learning and development came through a psychic message received on June 16, 1979.
Let us examine Carol’s Moon-Sun Return and Advanced charts for her induction into the ministry on June 25, 1971.
t/Moon-opposite-n/Sun Return in the 11th house. The theme for this type of Return chart, taken from page 60 of “Personal Moon-to-Sun Returns 2” reads in part: Committing oneself to projects involving others. Planning for the future of family or group members. Supporting the arts or creative efforts. . .
The angular planets in this chart include t/Sun-t/Mercury-IC and t/Pluto-t/Uranus bracketing the Descendant angle. t/Sun-t/Mercury-IC indicates a single-minded purpose of undertaking a new direction in one’s life, an intellectual commitment. Because of the Moon-Sun-11th house pattern, this commitment is taken with a full awareness of how it will benefit the family and all of the larger circle of people she encounters. The t/Pluto-t/Uranus-Desc. pattern represents a generational awareness of the changes in the world at that time and how she will relate to that growing sense of a ‘new age’ consciousness.
In all of Moon-to-Sun Returns and Advanced charts we always take note of the Part of Fortune and the ‘astrological hopscotch’ practice of bringing into our interpretation the alternate natal or transiting versions of any angular planets.
- Here, t/PoF conjoins n/Uranus (t/Uranus on Desc.) emphasizing the cognition of her spiritual awareness and understanding of her role in helping others.
- Angular t/Mercury draws our attention to n/Mercury-n/Venus conjoined by t/N.Node; this suggest great empathy and sensitivity to others.
- Because of t/Pluto-Desc., we take note of n/Pluto squaring n/Uranus (t/Uranus at Desc.). So, the natal challenge to combine the two different forms of cognition and change of Uranus and Pluto are now met by the transiting pairs coming together at the Desc. angle of this chart.
- Uranus represents our personal portal to revelation and change, often self-inspired by one’s soul-self to help us move forward in our life.
- Pluto represents those cultural and generational values and needs for change that are outside of ourself but which we will occasionally find personal linkages or involvement with.
- Or, to put it another way, Uranus is an agent of change within us, Pluto draws us to respond to agents-of-change outside of us.
Let us now look at July 3, 1971, Carol’s Ordination day.
We have three angular planets in this chart; t/Sun-IC, t/Chiron-Asc., and t/Uranus-Desc. with n/Mars deeper into the 7th house. Because the t/Sun advances at a rate similar to the angular advance of the chart, t/Sun remains at the IC angle. This emphasizes the upcoming changes in her life’s purpose. The movement of the n/Sun into the Advanced 10th house sector is a supportive interpretive factor here.
t/Chiron-Asc. indicates the adjustments and changes that Carol has had to undertake in order to reach this point in her life. Given her large family, her divorce, and the long path to develop personal resources and skills, Carol has faced and accommodated her past burdens. The presence of t/Uranus, alone from t/Pluto, indicates that her personal cognition and awareness of where her life is going.
t/PoF is always interesting to consider. Here, t/PoF squares the t/Moon in the 7th house sector. Carol is consumed within a loving and supportive network. Interestingly, n/Moon is opposed by t/Mars. We might normally view this as reacting to the slings and arrows cast by others. How do we see this pattern in this chart, in this situation. Perhaps a hint can be found with n/Mars being in the 7th house — the 7th house also holds t/Moon. These natal and transiting versions of Mars are not typical anger-action-attack energies. Each Mars trines the other; an ease in adapting this energy is evident. With t/Moon and n/Mars sharing the 7th sector of relationships, we have to view the Moon-Mars combinations as supportive, of others reaching out and responding.
With the two Suns, natal and transiting, being in opposite house sectors but not opposite signs, we have air and water signs involved; intellectual understanding blending with nurturing and empathy. This is a nice representation of Carol’s spiritual mission.