At this time, late January, 2017, I am preparing to launch this blog site. The site is based on Johann Wolfgang Goethe’s life, particularly about his experiences in gaining Conscious Awareness. This was in 1794. That, in itself, would not likely prompt me to create a blog site except for one tantalizing fact! Having Goethe’s birth date and birth time, and also being able to track down the letter he wrote on the day he became concisiously aware of his physical and spiritual nature, I was able to do some interesting chart work. What I found was that some dozen patterns in Goethe’s chart for that enlightening day also appeared in modern day charts for those who also have found their own unique path to conscious awareness of their soul-self and life’s mission. This would appear to be statistically improbable. Yet, the fact remains, and will be demonstrated. Others having similar experiences to Goethe’s have had similar astrological patterns in thier charts.
As the new header or splash screen indicates, there are several sections to this blog site that the reader can take advantage of. The puzzle pieces in the header are guides to using this blog post.
- Goethe and Conscious Awareness: Goethe’s life story is summarized and two phases of his life are examined in detail; his illness at age 18 when he was exposed to spiritual teachings, and his writing period in 1794 when his inspiration hit.
- The fairy tale of the Green Snake and the Beautiful Lily: The whole fairy tale is retold, with more drama and detail being added to make it more like modern-day fairy tales. The roles of the characters are also explained and related to any astrological attributes that they represent.
- Goethe’s astrological charts are examined and his ‘profile’ for the date of his achieving conscious awareness is defined. These patterns will be examined thru posts and comments so that we can consider assigning spiritual definitions to the chart symbols.
- Blog comments and discussions from readers will be provided for to detail the story, the astrology, the charts, the Goethe profile, etc.
- The form of Astrological charting for this exploration will be explained in some detail so that others can explore their own charts.
- And, finally, the stories of current day individuals who have had accidents, diseases, medical issues, suicides or other revelations that have changed their lives and made them aware of the physical and spiritual roles in this life will be examined in the same detail as was Goethe’s charts.
The purpose of this blog site, then, is to provide astrologers with a set of cosmic parameters that appear to mark one’s spiritual maturity and progress to having a fuller life in many ways. In seeking this, our use of astrology may be broadened and deepened, and our craft given new tools in aiding those on a personal path to greater self-hood.
For those interested, there is a reasonable range of supportive material provided. Some of this relates to the work of Rudolph Steiner, a German philosopher and Spiritual Scientist who was active in the late 1800s and early 1900s. He started the Anthroposophical movement, now a world wide operation, as an outgrowth of the Theosophical and Rosicrucian movements. He might be the greatest student of Goethe, and certainly was the most prolific writer about Goethe’s work and views.
Note that I am not a member of those above-listed societies. I am an astrologer who has found an interesting abnormality, statistically speaking. It seems impossible from a layman’s perspective to find a dozen or so patterns in a chart relating to a certain form of an event, and to then find those same patterns in the charts of others experiencing the same or similar events. From an astrological view this is very much expected. Come to your own conclusions. Dave.